ROLAND (ROLY) C. MARTYN
Roland travels extensively both overseas & locally pursuing his business & collecting interests attending approximately 15 trade fairs per annum. He has also been a committee member for 40 years of the Antique & Historical Arms Collectors Guild of Victoria Incorporated, recognised as the largest & foremost collecting society in Australia.
These continuing experiences have enabled Roly to establish specialist knowledge within these fields, a wide spreading network and respect as a dealer and collector both locally and overseas.
Featured below is a summary of his career achievements in this industry.
- Accepted as a Fellow of the Australian Institute of History & Arts (F.A.I.H.A.) in 1982. This award was presented in recognition of his extensive knowledge and many years work as an acknowledged leader in the field of preserving Historical Artefacts, in his chosen subject of Antique Arms & Militaria.
- Licensed Gun Dealer since 1987.
- Founding director of Tower Arms P/L (1989) that specialises in sales of a wide variety of arms & militaria.
- Founding director of Australian Arms Auctions P/L (1993). Australia’s premier auction house specialising in arms & militaria auctions. Valuer & description writer of auction catalogues and items.
- Authorised Firearm Identifier number 109, Victoria Police, Australia (1998).
- Australian Customs identifier for firearms (Victoria) – voluntary capacity since 2000.
- Government Approved Valuer for Taxation Incentive Scheme for the Arts for approx 15 years. Duties were to act as a licensed valuer for gifts to the Nation by the public or Companies for taxation purposes.
- Adviser to National Trust Australia (Victoria, Old Melbourne Gaol).
- Melbourne Arms & Militaria Fair convenor for 8 years before successful sale of the business in 2008.